Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Run the Race with Patience"

God has given our boys stamina! I am not a runner by any stretch of the imagination. I trained on my high school cross-country team with the hopes of loving it by the end of the summer then I would join the team...it never happened! John will only run if he has a ball in his hand...other than that it's just plain dumb.
Jon, Justin and Pasha had their first cross-country meet, running a 3 mile course. Their team did not beat the other school but our team did great! Jonathan had an excellent stride and stayed in first most of the time. At the last few minutes Christian Higley zoomed passed and won for the Eagles, Jon came in 2nd place (for our team) at 22.5 minutes. Justin came in at 24.3 and Pasha can't remember! :)
GO EAGLES!













Jon focusing...or daydreaming













Jon pullling ahead!













I think I am dying













I think I can, I think I can!


2 comments:

Richard-n-Candace said...

How exciting these days are for the boys.. I miss being able to run in cross country in Middle school myself.. I think they are doing great with times and distance.. Go Boys!!

Chris and Beth Birkholz said...

oh man, i so agree that running is dumb, but i'm glad the boys like it. :) i miss high school sports so much. can i be 16 again? ;)