Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I Love Being the Mom of Boys

I must say I am especially thrilled to be the Mom of a bundle of boys. I have enjoyed them so much lately. Each has contributed to much laughter and learning, as each personality is so different. I spoke at a Ladies Lunch the other week and was reminded of one of our best boy stories ever. John was trying to calm my nerves and he said "if you are worried about your speech, just tell the booger story, they will love you." As I reflected back on that day, I was overcome with emotion...that i am truly outnumbered! This amazing story is very typical of the nature of a household of boys...oh help me! For those of you at CBC you know this story from the day it happened (it was shared from the pulpit on Sunday morning!) but what you don't know is that the story carried on and only got better once we got home!
THE BOOGER STORY: While getting the house ready for church Sunday morning, two of the boys ran upstairs stating that someone had wiped a boogie on the pole in the basement. There was an overwhelming agreement that it had to be Joel. Joel became upset and insisted that it was NOT him. The accusations continued as we piled in the van...finally Joel's voice was raised to carry over the boys statements, he yells, "no it was not me!! I don't wipe my booogers on the pole, I wipe them under the bench!" There was silence...then an uproar of laughter! (it gets better) Of course John had to share this story...who knows if it fit as an illustration to the message, it was just too good to pass up. WELL, as we all arrived home for lunch, I teased the boys that Dad told the booger story in church. Someone says, "well, we still don't know who put the booger on the pole. I think it was Jake" Round two began of accusations. Jake pipes up "i don't wipe my boogers anywhere guys, I EAT mine!" Oh help me Jesus! Welcome to my world of snails and puppy dog tails! Just thought you would enjoy a good laugh!

2 comments:

Richard-n-Candace said...

Bonnie.. i love hearing the stories of your boys. They remind me of my nieces and nephews back home who I miss so much. Your boys are great but that's because they have GREAT parents... have a lovely day...

Valued & Vulnerable said...

Well then you don't mind that you have officially graduated to Aunt and Uncle! The boys do realize how much you and Rich do for them...hey anyone that comes to a baseball game is on the "in crowd!" Thanks for loving them!