Monday, August 2, 2010

Songs worth living

After a busy year, many have noticed I have not updated my blog. Your requests are sweet and very appreciated...therefore, I shall continue to blog as much as I can!

Since a lot has happened in a year, I won't take the time now, instead I will save that for the "year on a page" Christmas card...yippee!

I will begin with my current thoughts on this present day, moment and second. I have been thinking so heavily about my Lord over the past month. I feel like a new Christian desiring to get "back the the basics". He has given me so many blessing in my life. I have so much to be thankful for. His grace continually proves his "Daddy-like" love for me.

The Lord loves to put songs in my head! I know it's His way of getting a "dumb sheeps" attention. I say that because I can sing a song all day without really realizing and by the end of the day, I realize the words were speaking to me! Well, this morning I was given a song and the words hit me before I even finished them....but I asked myself "can I sing this with confidence and passion?" I was afraid to answer. Why is it so easy to get cumbered (weighed down) with the things of this world? His burden is easy and He is always there to take the reigns, yet the song still left me silent. Is my life His and His alone?

My life is yours to control
I give you my heart and my soul
I'll seek your way never mine
Rich treasure to find
Give wisdom to choices I make
Along every path that I take
So when I complete life's race
"Well done", You will say

"Sigh" I pray today that my thoughts would be filled with my "best friend". The One that gives me my breath to breathe. The One that comforts me, The One that never changes...so I can sing this song with utmost sincerity...for this is truly a song my Lord deserves to hear from a pure heart and is certainly worth living!

No comments: